You’ve decided you want to franchise: congratulations! As you start to explore your options, it’s imperative that you take the time to research all of the contenders carefully and review all materials or agreements thoroughly. The relationship between franchisor and franchisee is an integral part of the ultimate success of your business; you want to make sure you’re both a good fit for each other.
Productive and positive franchisor-franchisee relationships help businesses survive, thrive, and gain market share in a highly competitive economy. What this all comes down to is communication: the franchisor must communicate the mission, goals, and vision of the franchise effectively, and the franchisee must communicate business growth and areas for improvement.
Signarama has been building a reputation as a prominent force in the sign industry for decades, and we’ve become known for innovation, exemplary support, and high-quality products and services. We maintain cooperative relationships with our franchisees, as we share a common goal: to see Signarama succeed.
Elements of a Good Partnership
When you sign your franchise agreement, you agree to terms that the franchisor has set in place to ensure that their business model is followed. After all, they’ve had to prove their business’ success in order to franchise, so they must be doing something right.
- Trust. In your franchise research, you’ve likely come across a Franchise Disclosure Document. This document outlines your obligations, as well as your franchisor’s. Becoming a franchisee means you promise to uphold the franchisor’s brand, products, services, hours, processes, and more. There is a level of trust that the franchisee will represent the brand to their best ability, follow brand guidelines, and help the brand to prosper. In return, the franchisee trusts that the franchisor will provide them with the tools and training they need to run a successful business.
- Vested interest. When you decide to franchise, you enter a mutually beneficial partnership with your franchisor, as both of you are working toward elevating a well-established brand. Franchisors should be invested in their franchisee’s success, as it reflects upon the brand, and franchisees rely on their franchisor’s support to help keep their business running smoothly.
- Resources. As part of the franchisor support in providing franchisees access to research and development resources, the franchisor relies on franchisees to provide feedback so that they can get an accurate picture of the business and make more accurate updates accordingly. In turn, these resources keep franchisees up to date on the industry and latest developments, helping them to grow their business.
- Respect. Franchisors can cultivate a strong relationship by maintaining regular contact. With time, franchisor and franchisee will know what to expect from each other and develop a mutual understanding.
We’re Invested in Our Franchisees
For over 30 years, we’ve been exceeding the expectations of customers and franchisees alike. Signarama provides virtually everything our franchisees need to get their business off the ground and running and that includes the best resources in the industry.
Some of the reasons why our opportunity stands out include:
- Comprehensive training
- Business coaching and ongoing support
- Access to a cache of marketing materials
- Ongoing marketing assistance
- Flexible franchise concepts
- Significant discounts on franchise fees for multi-unit owners and veterans
- Built-in opportunities to grow
The relationship between franchisor and franchisee is an important piece of the franchising puzzle. Signarama works hard to make sure our franchisees get the most out of our franchising opportunity and see a strong return on investment.
Contact us today to learn more about Signarama’s vested interest in our franchisees and the importance of establishing a solid relationship between franchisor and franchisee!